COBRA Subsidy Extension?: eHealthInsurance Launches COBRA Subsidy Widget to Calculate Expiration Dates
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA--(November 20, 2009) - Today, eHealthInsurance (NASDAQ: EHTH) (http://www.ehealthinsurance.com), posted a COBRA Subsidy Widget on eHealth's Media Center and on Widgetbox.com. In addition, eHealthInsurance has provided an updated FAQ on the COBRA subsidy.
- Media Center: http://news.ehealthinsurance.com/pr/ehi/cobra-subsidy-widget.aspx
- Widgetbox.com: http://www.widgetbox.com/widget/cobra-subsidy-calendar
There are bills that have been introduced to address an extension for the COBRA subsidy in the House of Representatives and the Senate, including House Bill HR 3930(2) and 3966(3) and Senate Bill S. 2730(4).
(1) SOURCE (link): eHealth, Inc.'s 2009 report: The Cost of Individual and Family Health Insurance Plans 2009 Update: The average cost of premiums for single coverage in 2009 is $162 per month or $1,944 per year and the average cost of premiums for family coverage is $383 per month or $4,596 per year.
(1) SOURCE (link): The Kaiser Family Foundation's Employer Health Benefits Survey: 2009: The average cost of premiums for single coverage in 2009 is $402 per month or $4,824 per year and the average cost of premiums for family coverage is $1,115 per month or $13,375 per year.
(2) SOURCE (link): House bill HR 3930: "To extend for 6 months the maximum COBRA continuation coverage period for individuals who were involuntarily terminated between April 1, 2009, and December 31, 2009, and to amend the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 to extend the eligibility period and maximum assistance period for COBRA premium assistance under such Act."
(3) SOURCE (link): House Bill HR 3966: "To amend the American Reinvestment and Recovery Act of 2009 to extend for 6 months the period of eligibility for COBRA premium assistance under such Act."
(4) SOURCE (link): Senate Bill S. 2730: "COBRA Subsidy Extension and Enhancement Act of 2009: A bill to extend and enhance the COBRA subsidy program under the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act of 2009."
- eHealth's March 25, 2009 Press Release: http://news.ehealthinsurance.com/pr/ehi/rel484940.aspx
- eHealth's COBRA Learning Center: www.cobralearning.com
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) is the parent company of eHealthInsurance, the nation's leading online source of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses. Through the company's website, http://www.eHealthInsurance.com , consumers can get quotes from leading health insurance carriers, compare plans side by side, and apply for and purchase health insurance. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of health plans underwritten by more than 180 of the nation's leading health insurance companies. eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states and the District of Columbia, making it a functioning national health insurance exchange. Through its eCommerce On-Demand solution (eOD), www.ehealth.com/eOD, eHealth is also a leading provider of on-demand e-commerce software services. eHealth's eOD platform provides a suite of hosted solutions that enable health plan providers and resellers to market and distribute products online. eHealth's eCommerce On-Demand solution is currently available to health plan providers in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. eHealthInsurance and eHealth are registered trademarks of eHealthInsurance Services, Inc.