eHealthInsurance Offers Five Last-Minute Tips for Open Enrollment
Families May Be Able to Save Money by Putting Dependents on Individual Plans
MOUNTAIN VIEW, CA -- (Marketwire) -- 11/24/08 -- eHealthInsurance, the leading onlinesource of health insurance for individuals, families and small businesses,today, released five tips for consumers looking to manage their healthinsurance budgets during open-enrollment, the traditional time of year whenindividuals with employer-sponsored coverage have the option to makeadditions, changes or deletions to their health care benefits. For mostU.S. companies, open-enrollment often runs from the first of Octoberthrough the end of December.
In today's economic climate, employees may be looking to trim costs any waypossible. To help make the right decision, eHealthInsurance recommends thefollowing "Top 5 Tips for Open-Enrollment."
eHealthInsurance has also made these tips available in a video located at:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bmtjFk2GRM
1. Review Every Plan: Start reviewing every plan available from youremployer now. You may be able to choose a plan that would cost less if youwere later required to pay the entire premium through COBRA. Always makesure that the plan you choose will cover the health care benefits you needfor the coming year.
2. Evaluate Premiums: Look at the premium for your currentemployer-sponsored plan and see if that premium is increasing. If saving onyour monthly share of the premium is a priority, you may want to revisitthis plan and opt for one of the less expensive plans available from yourcompany's benefits provider.
3. Shop Smarter: Buy only what you need and potentially save on the monthlypremium. Choosing a high deductible plan is smart for some individuals andfamilies because it typically reduces monthly premiums, but you must beprepared to pay the amount of the deductible in the coming year as healthcare needs arise.
4. Compare with your Spouse: Check your spouse's plan to see if theemployee share of the premium is more or less than your plan. It may bemore cost-effective to insure you or your family under their plan.
5. Mix and Match: Depending on health conditions, it can be less expensivefor certain family members to be on a separate plan than theemployer-sponsored plan. Do the math on separate policies if there arespecial needs. It's easy to price individual and family plans online.
About eHealth, Inc.:
eHealth, Inc. (NASDAQ: EHTH) is the parent company of eHealthInsurance, thenation's leading online source of health insurance for individuals,families and small businesses. Through the company's website,www.ehealthinsurance.com, consumers can get quotes from leading healthinsurance carriers, compare plans side by side, and apply for and purchasehealth insurance. eHealthInsurance offers thousands of health plansunderwritten by more than 180 of the nation's health insurance companies.eHealthInsurance is licensed to sell health insurance in all 50 states andthe District of Columbia. eHealthInsurance and eHealth are registeredtrademarks of eHealthInsurance Services, Inc.
For more information, please contact:
Cogenta Public Relations